The scholarships on this page pertain specifically to international study. More information about these programs is available at the CILE Office in room 317A or by e-mail. Additionally, Pitt Law also maintains a list of internal scholarships and external scholarships.
Center for International Legal Education Related Scholarships
- CILE Scholarships
To encourage JD students to engage in international study, CILE offers scholarships for students pursuing study, research, or internships abroad. Each scholarship will be in an amount from $500.00 to $1,500.00, depending upon need, merit, and the number of students selected for funding. Applications can be obtained by contacting Marie Hamblett, Program Administrator. To be eligible for these scholarships, you must be enrolled in the International and Comparative Law Certificate Program.
- Nordenberg Fellowship
The Nordenberg Fellowships are funded by the Chancellor Mark A. Nordenberg University Professorship held by Professor Ronald A. Brand. Fellowships are available for law students who have arranged an internship in a foreign country. A Nordenberg Fellow will be awarded up to $5,000 to cover travel and expenses for their internship. Applications can be obtained by contact Marie Hamblett, Program Administrator.
Other University of Pittsburgh International Scholarships
- Foreign Language Area Studies Fellowships
- Graduate Funding through the Asian Studies Center
- International Studies Fund
- Nationality Rooms
- Boren Awards
- Helton Fellowships
- Southeast Europe Fellowships
- Maggio Fellowship - American Immigration Lawyers Association
- Critical Language Scholarships
- James Baker Hughes Writing Competition
- The Washington Foreign Law Society - Ibrahim Shihata Prize for Outstanding Student Writing in Islamic Law
- Association of Family & Conciliation Courts & Hofstra law School / Family Law Writing Competition
- Customs and International Trade Bar Association and Brooklyn Law School: Andrew P. Vance Memorial Writing Competition
- Robert Bosch Foundation Fellowship
- New York State Bar Association’s International Law and Practice Section: Albert S. Pergam Writing Competition
- American Association of University Women
- CDS International: Congress-Bundestag Youth Exchange for Young Professionals (CBYX)